Fill the signin form and go to your private zone.
Ohio Statistics: Gas and Oil
From the Division of Mineral Resources Management’s “2008 Summary of Ohio Oil and Gas Activities”
The summary states that during 2008 Ohio producers:
- Were issued 1,428 new Ohio drilling permits.
- Have 64,207 wells in operation.
- Are 5,603 registered well owners.
- Drilled an estimated 1,049 oil and natural gas wells in 44 of Ohio’s 88 counties.
- During 2008, Ohio produced over 5.5 million barrels of crude oil. Crude oil production averaged 15,217 barrels a day in Ohio.
- During 2008, Ohio produced over 84 billion cubic feet (bcf) of natural gas. Natural gas production averaged 230,136 mcf a day in Ohio.
- Had a combined market value of crude oil and natural gas production of over $1.3 billion during 2008.